Sunday, October 25, 2009

Yankees Colors for a 27th time??

I hope to see these colors shine brightly over the city of New York in the next week after my beloved Yankees win the 2009 World Series. I say hope so I do not jinx the possibility, but I would really love to add a Yankees color'ed ESB to my repertoire of ESB pictures!

This is actually quite a comical story - it happened last year, when the ESB was lit up on one side with Yankees colors and the other with Mets colors. After the series, the victors [Yankees of course] earned the ultimate prize - a full Yankees color display on the ESB. The funny thing is, the Mets actually SPLIT that weekend series with the Yankees, and so people got upset when the Yankees colors only were displayed. The NYTimes wrote a detailed article about this event.

Tonight was the last night of "Alzheimer's Association, 2009 Memory Walk" lighting on the ESB. On Friday, during the rain storm, I managed to get a nice hazy shot of the Purple/Purple/White color scheme. Tonight, I got a crisp shot. Looking forward to the Halloween colors!

-AYM

No comments:

Post a Comment